Pages

Friday, March 21, 2014

How I Style My Naturally Curly Hair!

For ages I couldn't figure out what to do with my hair, so for all my curly girls out there: this one's for you!

This is what my natural hair looks like after styling it. I say "natural" because this is my hair with zero curl enhancers / perms. I use these hair products solely to reduce frizz and keep my hair in place, not to add any more curls than I naturally have.



 These are the products I use on a daily basis regardless of how I'm wearing my hair:


Not Your Mother's Beach Babe spray
Not Your Mother's Kinky Moves curl cream
Salon Grafix super hold hairspray
large paddle brush

After I get out of the shower, I obviously brush through my hair entirely. I know a 'curly girl' who literally never brushes her hair, and I can't stress how bad this is for your hair. Brushing it through every night eliminates the tangles in your hair and helps to remove any lost hair through the day (the cause of most of the tangles). Then, I gently brush through my hair with my fingers, so my hair isn't suction-cupped to my head (does that make sense?)

Using the Beach Babe spray, I spray the product all throughout my hair as evenly as possible, paying special attention to the ends as that's where my hair dries the fastest and this helps to re-wet it, in a way. 

Finally, I use about a quarter amount of the Kinky Moves curl cream and run my fingers through my hair from root to tip, gently scrunching only the ends. (I find that scrunching the product through my entire head essentially does nothing.)

This is done the night before any event usually, so after this routine I throw my hair up in a messy bun before bed. 

In the morning, I take out my hair, style it how it naturally falls, and let it air dry a tad before spraying it with the Salon Grafix hairspray and voila! That's all there is too it!

I really do hope this helped any of you out there - be it curly girl or not! Best of luck to you all!

xx Jenna


No comments:

Post a Comment