Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

My Health and Fitness Routine

Hey everyone!

As part of my New Year's Resolutions, I've started eating better and exercising more, and I honestly feel so great. I never really was an unhealthy eater, but I snacked all the time. I basically wanted to start feeling better in multiple aspects of my life, and this was definitely one of them. I'm going to walk you guys through my exercise routine and what I normally eat on a day-to-day basis, so let's begin!

FITNESS:

At the start of the new year, I joined a volleyball program that runs every Sunday for two and half hours, so on Sundays that's my form of exercise.

Throughout the rest of the week, I try to exercise 3 to 5 times. Some weeks, I don't have much going on, so it's easy for me to make time to exercise. But, if I'm having a busy week and don't have much time, I don't beat myself up about it! (I just make sure to eat extra good that day.)

I downloaded this amazing app that I use to workout called the 7 Minute Workout. It's fantastic (Google it, you won't regret it.) In just over 7 minutes, you get a full body workout that actually feels like it's doing something. A great find that I highly recommend.

FOOD:

I was careful not to call this section "DIET" because that's not the mindset you should have. When you change your eating habits for your own good and to feel good about yourself, it's a lifestyle choice rather than a diet.

Generally during the school week, I'll have a piece of fruit for breakfast (grapes or apples usually.) On the weekends, it depends how late I wake up to be totally honest! (Today, I had no school - but was still up at 8:00 am) and I made an egg white omelet with spinal, onions, and cheddar cheese. Yum!)

I eat lunch so early in school, that I normally only bring a small salad or a small amount of chicken salad with celery. Same goes for the weekend. Salads are normally my go-to lunch.

Dinner honestly varies from day-to-day- but it's normally a meal high in protein and low in carbohydrates. Before this change, I would fill up on starches and carbs and be full super fast, but then be hungry again in less than an hour. With these new changes, I stay full longer and don't snack as much throughout the day.

When I do need a snack, I normally have more fruit or a fruit smoothie with greek yogurt. Again, it's about being full longer rather than satisfying a craving.

So that's basically it! Just a little disclaimer: I am not a dietician or nutritionist. This is just what works for me and how I've changed my habits since the new year. I feel great and that's the most important thing!

I hope this post gave you some ideas on how you can start feeling better, too. Good luck with everything you set your mind to!

xxx Jenna


No comments:

Post a Comment