Pages

Friday, November 29, 2013

My Favorite Fall/Winter Lip Colors

Hi all :)

A few weeks ago, I made a few small purchases from Sephora and my local drug store, mostly consisting of lip sticks. I was in the search of "appropriate" deep, dark colors for this time of year and I came away with these . . . 

From left to right: Sephora Collection Color Lip Last (16, Orange Rocks) / Sephora Collection Color Lip Last (20, Wanted Red) / Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick (477, Black Cherry)




I am a bit unconventional when it comes to the colors I wear throughout the different seasons, and that was no exception in this purchase! Both Sephora lipsticks are matte, while the Revlon lipstick is a creme color.

The color on the left is a beautiful bright, orange, which seems quite odd for a season where you would normally wear dark lip colors. But this adds a perfect pop of color to any outfit without being too summer-y. The matte texture of it too makes it feel more "winter," as well.

There's not much to say about the middle color other than it's basically a Fall/Winter essential: your typical true red. Perfect with any outfit you could wear during the colder months.

The last color on the right is possibly my favorite lip color to wear at the moment. A highly pigmented, yet build-able purple-wine color that dresses up any outfit. The actual color payoff is quite different than how it appears in the tube (refer to the color swatches above), but I find it even more beautiful to be honest.

Each of these colors are absolutely gorgeous and "season-appropriate" in their own right (I've included more pictures below that are close-ups.) I 100% adore these colors, and I hope you do, as well! :)

xo Jenna







No comments:

Post a Comment